Advanced methodologies and tools for research. Research funding and innovation
TYPE: Compulsory module
COORDINATOR: Santiago Pérez Hoyos, PhD- personal profile
This module will provide the student with a variety of transversal tools which can be considered essential for research. The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics part will present the main Statistical methods for carrying out data management and data analysis tasks as well as some bioinformatic tools for dealing with high-throughput data produced by modern technologies such as microarrays or Next Generation Sequencing.
On the other hand, this module will provide the student with knowledge and tools to develop a look-for-funding strategy. Basic concepts and strategies about write a grant, kind of grants, etc will be explained on the course. Moreover, students will learn about patents, IP and basis of technology transfer process.
SECTION I: BIOSTATISTICS
- Statistical Methods in biomedicine.
- Experimental design and Analysis of Variance.
- Regression Models in Biomedicine.
- Statistical methods for Biomarker building and validation.
- Accessing molecular biology and disease information
- Introduction to high throughput data analysis
SECTION II: RESEARCH FUNDING
- Looking forward the next step: Science or Industry?
- Competitive funding: National and International funding
- Writing a proposal: Dirty tips to prepare a successful proposal.
- Case Study: Writing a grant.
SECTION III: INNOVATION
- Introduction to Health Innovation in Hospitals Environment
- The process of valorisations and commercialization; over view of technology transfer
- Protection of Innovation
- Licensing and collaborative projects
- Spin off
|Estel Gil Guiñón, PhD|
|Santiago Pérez Hoyos, PhD|
|Anna Riera Guerra|
|Àlex Sánchez Pla, PhD|